Pastor Jay continues his sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers with "Of Brothers and Leaders" from 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13 (ESV)
We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.
Respect your church leaders.
- Recognize the leaders.
- They are those who labor among you.
- They are over you.
- They admonish you.
- Esteem them.
- Esteem them highly.
- Esteem them in love.
- Esteem them because of their work.
- Be at peace among yourselves.
- Peace is a worthy goal in the body.
- Peace is a bottom line commitment to church health.
- Peace is the best practice of esteeming your leaders.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Think of a person you'd love to meet someday (movie star, Bible character). What would you want to talk to them about?
- How would you treat that person?
- While they are not celebrities, God says we should treat church leaders with respect like those people we admire.
- What is one way you could honor a church leader this week? Be creative and maybe ask for a parent's help.