Pastor Jay breaks from his regular sermon series to begin a special 2-week series, Amazing Savior, with Part 1 from Matthew 20:17-19. [powerpress] Matthew 20:17-19 (ESV)
And as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside, and on the way he said to them, “See, we are going up to Jerusalem. And the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn him to death and deliver him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified, and he will be raised on the third day.”
Be amazed at the Savior’s character.
- He is brave.
- He is meek and humble.
- He is confident of His Father.
- He is obedient beyond our comprehension.
- He is loving beyond degree.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What is the first picture that comes to mind when you think about Jesus?
- What makes it so sad about the people who were singing "Hosanna" the week before Christ died?
- What is the characteristic of Jesus from the sermon you like the most?
- Think of one way you can be like Christ this week by using that characteristic.