Pastor Jay continues his sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers with "Owning Your Light" from 1 Thessalonians 5:5-8. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 5:5-8 (ESV)
For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation.
Know yourself to be a child of the light.
- Accept the label of “light.”
- Reject the darkness.
- Stay sober.
- Embrace your identity.
- Take a militant posture.
- Put on the breastplate of faith and love.
- Put on the helmet of the hope of salvation.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What was something that was hard for you to do, but you knew it was the right thing to do?
- Have you ever done something you knew was right, but others didn't like what you did?
- Sometimes it's hard to do the right thing. How can having a relationship with Christ make it easier?
- Think of one thing you can do this week to stand out for Christ.