Pastor Jay continues his sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers with Part 2 of "An Informed Hope" from 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 (ESV)
For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.
We can be informed about the Christ’s return.
- Expect that the Lord Himself will descend.
- Expect angels.
- Expect a trumpet.
- Expect the resurrection and rapture.
- There is proof that these corners are fixed.
- There are good reasons why we need to grasp the basics.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What is one thing you're excited about?
- The Bible tells us Christ is coming. How hard is the wait for that?
- What makes his return so important to Christians?
- What is one thing you can do this week to remind yourself of his return?