Pastor Jay continues his sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers with "An Informed Hope" from 1 Thessalonians 4:13-15. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 4:13-15 (ESV)
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
We can have a firm grasp of the hope that is ours beyond the grave.
- Our hope softens our grief.
- Our hope rests firmly on the resurrection of Jesus.
- Our hope is that God will bring the dead with Christ at his return.
- Our hope for the dead in Christ is no inferior hope.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What is one thing you hope to get for your birthday? Why?
- What does "hope" mean?
- What does it mean to have hope in Jesus?
- What is one way you can remember the hope we have through God?