Pastor Jay resumes his sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers with "Caring for the Faith of Our People," from 1 Thessalonians 3:6-10. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 3:6-10 (ESV)
But now that Timothy has come to us from you, and has brought us the good news of your faith and love and reported that you always remember us kindly and long to see us, as we long to see you— for this reason, brothers, in all our distress and affliction we have been comforted about you through your faith. For now we live, if you are standing fast in the Lord. For what thanksgiving can we return to God for you, for all the joy that we feel for your sake before our God, as we pray most earnestly night and day that we may see you face to face and supply what is lacking in your faith?
As believers we care deeply for the health of our people’s faith.
- It is good news when they are in the faith.
- It comforts us when they are in the faith.
- It makes us feel alive when they are in the faith.
- It is joy with thanksgiving when they are in the faith.
- It is evidenced by love when they are in the faith.
- It is no excuse to grow negligent when they are in the faith.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Have you ever watched a movie that made you sad? What was it? Why did it make you sad?
- When you see someone having a hard time, does that make you sad?
- When you see a Christian friend struggle in life, does that make you want to help them?
- Think of a Christian friend who needs help. What is one thing you can do this week to help them?