Pastor Jay continues this year's Advent sermon series, Come and Behold Him! with "Peace Possible," from Luke 1:79, 2:14; 29-30. [powerpress] Luke 1:79, 2:14; 29-30 (ESV)
to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.” “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!” “Lord, now you are letting your servant depart in peace, according to your word; for my eyes have seen your salvation
Christmas reminds us that peace is possible.
- Peace comes to those who find the way of peace in Christ.
- Peace comes to those objects of God’s good pleasure.
- Peace comes to those who in Christ now rest from striving.
Parent Connection Questions:
- How easy is it to find a peaceful place in your house? Where would it be?
- Do you ever feel like you need to just get some peace and quiet?
- Jesus tells us he provides peace. How does he do that?
- Take time this week to find some “peace time” with Jesus. Thank him for coming as a baby.