Pastor Jay continues the sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers. This week's message is "Living it Out," from 1 Thessalonians 2:11-13. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 2:11-13 (ESV)
For you know how, like a father with his children, we exhorted each one of you and encouraged you and charged you to walk in a manner worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory. And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.
Live up to God’s calling.
- You’ve been called.
- You’ve been called to greatness.
- Called to greatness for His kingdom.
- Called to greatness for His glory.
- You’ve been called to the scripture.
- Because it is the true word of God.
- Because that true word works.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done in public?
- What makes something embarrassing?
- God calls us to live like Jesus. Is there anything you do that would embarrass him?
- What’s one thing you can change this week to make God “proud” of how you live before others?