Pastor Jon Kelly shares a message this week, "Conquering Our Fears," from Psalm 91:1-4. [powerpress] Psalm 91:1-4 (ESV)
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.
God offers protection in fearful times, not a life free from fear.
- Some fears are from the world.
- Some fears are from us.
- Our job is to seek proper refuge.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What was the scariest movie you’ve seen? What made it scary?
- When you’re scared, what do you do?
- Who is the best person to run to when you’re afraid?
- Write out Psalm 91:1-4 on a paper and put it in your room to remind you who is protecting you.