Vetted Messengers: Some Further Expectations
October 12, 2014 Speaker: Jay Beuoy
Pastor Jay continues the sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers. This week's message is "Vetted Messengers: Some Further Expectations," from 1 Thessalonians 2:4-6. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 2:4-6 (ESV)
but just as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, so we speak, not to please man, but to please God who tests our hearts. For we never came with words of flattery, as you know, nor with a pretext for greed—God is witness. Nor did we seek glory from people, whether from you or from others, though we could have made demands as apostles of Christ.
A gospel messenger ought to be vetted.
- He will serve as one who knows he will give an account to God.
- He will serve without ulterior motives.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Think about your best friend. What qualities make a good friend?
- What could a person do to show they are a friend?
- As we tell people about Jesus, what qualities to we need to have to show others what we have to say is worth listening to?
- What’s one thing you could work on this week which would make your good qualities stand out?