Pastor Jay continues his "Vital Signs of a Health Church" series this week with a message titled "Life-on-Life Fellowship," from Acts 2:41-46. [powerpress] Acts 2:41-46 (ESV)
So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls. And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts,
A healthy church grows stronger through life-on-life relationships.
- Jesus modeled it.
- Jesus commands it.
- The early church modeled it.
- The New Testament commands it.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Think of a close friend. What makes him or her such a good friend?
- How often do you talk with that friend? What do you usually talk about?
- What does Acts 2:41-46 say about friendships in the church?
- Why do you think friendships in church are so important?