Pastor Jay continues his "Vital Signs of a Health Church" series this week with a message titled "Church Government," from Hebrews 13:17. [powerpress] Hebrews 13:17 (ESV)
Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.
A healthy church has an effective church government.
- The congregation has a part in church government.
- Congregations choose their leaders.
- Congregations fire their leaders.
- Congregations turn from false leaders.
- Congregations edify their leaders.
- Congregations follow their leaders.
- The congregation needs qualified, effective leaders.
- Elders lead.
- Elders teach.
- Elders protect the flock.
- Elders serve.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Have you ever been the leader of a group? How did you like it?
- What does it mean to be a leader? What does that word mean to you?
- Do you know any leaders of the church?
- How can you be a true leader this week at home?