Pastor Jay continues his "Vital Signs of a Health Church" series this week with a message titled "The Gospel," from 1 Corinthians 15:1-8. [powerpress] 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 (ESV)
Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me.
We need to get the gospel right!
- The gospel is what we preach.
- The gospel is from God.
- The gospel is what we believe.
- The gospel is what saves.
- The gospel is about Christ.
- His death for sins
- His resurrection
Parent Connection Questions:
- Would you be upset if your parents only told you the date of a vacation and not where you were going? Why or why not?
- If you had to explain the main story of the Bible, could you do it in one sentence? What about one word?
- Why does God want us to study His Word?
- The week, read through 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 to see how simply you could explain the gospel.