Pastor Jay begins his "Vital Signs of a Health Church" series this week with a message titled "Expositional Preaching," from 2 Timothy 4:2-3. [powerpress] 2 Timothy 4:2-3 (ESV)
“…preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions…”
We should choose a steady diet of expositional preaching.
- We accustom ourselves to listening to God’s word.
- People need to hear the whole counsel of God.
- People need to hear the preponderance of scripture.
- People need to avoid the danger of warping scripture.
- People need to avoid the danger of replacing scripture with the doctrine of men.
Parent Connection Questions:
- How can you tell if a picture is real or fake?
- How can you tell if something is true or not?
- What is the best source of truth? What makes it such a good reference point?
- The best way to know the truth is to study it. What is one way you could study the Bible more this summer?