Pastor Jay returns to his "Guard Your Heart" series this week with a message titled "The Envious Heart," from Proverbs 23:17. [powerpress] Proverbs 23:17 (ESV)
Let not your heart envy sinners, but continue in the fear of the LORD all the day.
An envious heart is hostile to our faith.
- Envy is a matter of the heart’s sinful inclinations.
- Envy is rooted in a distrust of God’s sovereign will.
- Envy questions God’s goodness.
- Envy questions God’s justice.
- Envy is rooted in self-deification.
- Envy values the wrong thing.
- Envy is a lifelong sentence to dissatisfaction.
Parent Connection Questions:
- If you could get ONE thing in the world, what would it be?
- Do you think that thing would make you happy? For how long?
- How can wanting something you don’t have hurt your faith in God?
- What’s one way you could be thankful this week?