Pastor Jay continues his "Guard Your Heart" series this week with a sermon titled "The Self-deceived Heart," from Proverbs 21:2 and Psalm 51:6. [powerpress] Proverbs 21:2 (ESV)
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the heart.
Psalm 51:6 (ESV)
Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart.
We need to see our weak spots.
- The deceived heart is deceived by its nature.
- The deceived heart is deceived by lip-service religion.
- The deceived heart is deceived by pride.
- The deceived heart is deceived by idolatry.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Have you ever thought you were really good at something until you tried it?
- Have you ever argued about something then find out you were wrong?
- Can we think we’re obeying God, but be doing it for the wrong reasons?
- What’s one way to make sure we’re following Christ for the right reasons?