Pastor Jay continues his "Guard Your Heart" series this week with a sermon titled "The Raging Heart—A Perfect Storm," from Proverbs 19:3. [powerpress] Proverbs 19:3 (ESV)
When a man's folly brings his way to ruin, his heart rages against the Lord.
We need to get honest about the rage that is in our hearts.
- Rage is destructive.
- Rage is proof of a spiritual problem of the heart.
- Deal with your heart rage.
- Keep growing in Christ.
- Discipline yourself.
- Look at your health.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Have you ever said something out of anger you knew right away wasn’t good?
- What makes our anger so hard to control sometimes?
- What does Proverbs 29:11 say about anger? Also look at Ephesians 4:31.
- What is one thing that makes you angry? What can you do this week to keep your anger in check?