Pastor Jay continues his "Guard Your Heart" series this week with a sermon titled "The Tempt-proof Heart," from Matthew 15:17-20. [powerpress] Matthew 15:17-20 (ESV)
Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.
Tempt-proof your heart.
- Understand that the greatest danger zone is your heart.
- We need to understand the types of danger zones for the heart.
- Understand how to tempt-proof your heart.
- Name it
Parent Connection Questions:
- What’s the worst tasting food you’ve ever eaten?
- Bad tastes don’t last. Words can last. What was the worst thing ever said to you?
- How do our words tell others about what’s in our heart?
- What is one area you can work on this week to protect your heart?