Pastor Jay continues his "Guard Your Heart" series this week, with a sermon titled "An Assured Heart", from 1 John 3:18-24. [powerpress] 1 John 3:18-24 (ESV)
Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth. By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us. Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.
We need an assured heart.
- Faith that assures is a loving faith.
- Faith that assures is an answered-prayer kind of faith.
- Faith that assures is an obedient faith.
- Faith that assures believes in the Lord Jesus
- Faith that assures experiences the mutual indwelling of Christ.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Name something you have faith in (besides God!).
- Have you ever prayed for something and it happened?
- Ever prayed and it didn’t happen?
- Thank God this week for always “having your back”!