Pastor Jay continues his "Guard Your Heart" series this week, with a sermon titled "The Courageous Heart", from 2 Chronicles 17:1-6. [powerpress] 2 Chronicles 17:1-6 (ESV)
Jehoshaphat his son reigned in his place and strengthened himself against Israel. He placed forces in all the fortified cities of Judah and set garrisons in the land of Judah, and in the cities of Ephraim that Asa his father had captured. The LORD was with Jehoshaphat, because he walked in the earlier ways of his father David. He did not seek the Baals, but sought the God of his father and walked in his commandments, and not according to the practices of Israel. Therefore the LORD established the kingdom in his hand. And all Judah brought tribute to Jehoshaphat, and he had great riches and honor. His heart was courageous in the ways of the LORD. And furthermore, he took the high places and the Asherim out of Judah.
- The courageous heart stands up against false gods.
- The courageous heart can stand against the enemy.
- The courageous heart waits on the Lord.
- How would you explain courage?
- Does having courage mean not being scared?
- Have you ever stood up for something you believed was right?
- How does God give us courage?