Pastor Jay continues his "Guard Your Heart" series this week, with a sermon titled "The Blameless Heart", based on James 4:8 and Psalm 24:3-4. [powerpress] James 4:8 (ESV)
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Psalm 24:3-4 (ESV)
Who shall ascend the hill of the LORD? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully.
Draw near to God with a blameless heart.
- Because God is holy.
- Because God commands us to be blameless when we come.
- Because God has made provision for us to be blameless.
- Because a blame-filled heart is unhealthy.
- Because a blameless heart is at peace.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Is there a difference between blameless and perfect?
- How can we be blameless when we're not perfect?
- Why is a heart with blame in it dangerous?
- What would being blameless look like for you at home this week? School?