Pastor Jay continues his "Guard Your Heart" series this week, with a sermon titled "The Circumcised Heart", based on Deuteronomy 30:6. [powerpress] Deuteronomy 30:6 (ESV)
And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.
God calls us to a circumcised heart. Four imperatives:
- We need to understand the uncircumcised heart.
- An uncircumcised heart is stubborn.
- An uncircumcised heart is corrupted.
- An uncircumcised heart resists the Holy Spirit.
- Desire a better condition.
- A circumcised heart loves and receives the gospel.
- A circumcised heart loves God wholly.
- Circumcise your heart.
- Ask God to circumcise your heart.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What are the things that get between our hearts and God?
- How do I know if my heart is tender to God?
- How can I tell if I am stubborn with God?
- What should I do if I am stubborn and resist God?