Pastor Jay continues his "Guard Your Heart" series this week, with a sermon titled "A Grieving Heart", based on Ecclesiastes 7:1-4. [powerpress] Ecclesiastes 7:1-4 (ESV)
A good name is better than precious ointment, and the day of death than the day of birth. It is better to go to the house of mourning than to go to the house of feasting, for this is the end of all mankind, and the living will lay it to heart. Sorrow is better than laughter, for by sadness of face the heart is made glad. The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.
- Count on God’s Presence.
- Resist the devil.
- Accept loss as loss.
- Accept that some loss is loving discipline and determine to learn from the experience.
- Set your heart on God’s future goodness to you.
- Delight yourself in the Lord.
- What's one thing that makes you sad?
- How do you work through being sad?
- How can God help you when you're feeling sad?
- How can you help others when they're feeling sad?