Pastor Jay begins a new sermon series this week, "Guard Your Heart". [powerpress] Proverbs 4:20-23 (ESV)
My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh. Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. (Proverbs 4:20-23, ESV)
- Because the heart is the intersection between our life and the Word of God.
- Because the connection between the heart and the Word yields life and health.
- Because the heart is the source of life.
- Because the heart is where our lives can be most readily polluted.
- What comes to mind when you think of "guarding your heart"?
- Name three things you should guard your heart against.
- Can you think of a way to guard your heart this week at school? At home?
- What's the hardest thing to guard your heart against? In other words, when do you most often struggle to do the right thing?